Festival Hours: 8:30am -
6:00pm. Admission is FREE!
Download 2014 Festival Map
- So that the festival is safe and fun for everyone, it is a must
that you leave pets, skateboards, bicycles, radios, and
rollerblades at home. Thank you for your cooperation!
- The Barbecue Festival, set in historic Uptown Lexington, will be
located on Main Street and adjoining side streets between 4th
Street and 5th Avenue.
- Lexington is located in the Piedmont,
just 20 miles south of Winston-Salem at the intersection of US
29/70 and US 52. Lexington is also accessible off of Business
and Interstate 85 between Greensboro and Charlotte.
First Aid Station
- Festival First Aid Station will be located on the
sidewalk in front of the Lexington Police Department between
1st & 2nd Street.
- Portable restrooms are located throughout the festival.
- 3rd Street, at the Police Dept.
- 2nd Street,
behind the Historic Courthouse at the Square,
- 3rd Avenue, and in
the Barbecue Carnival/Family Area.
Lost & Found
- Lost & Found will be located inside the Lexington Police
- Please notify a police officer immediately if a
child is lost so that announcements can be made from stages
ASAP. Any lost child will be safely taken to the Lexington
We've Gone Green!
- Barbecue Festival to Increase its "Green" Efforts.
For several years, the Barbecue Festival has promoted and
supported environmental awareness.
- North Davidson Garbage Service
& Recycling Center are partnering with Barbecue Festival organizers to take this
initiative one step further.
- Three recycling stations will be
located throughout the festival route. Pepsi products will be
sold in 20 oz. plastic bottles...please plan to drop off your
empty 20 oz. Pepsi bottles and any other recyclable materials at
- Let's make this award winning festival a clean and green
Barbecue Festival Express
- A great way to travel to the festival is by train!
- The Piedmont,
originating from Raleigh, and the Carolinian, originating from
Charlotte, will be making their once-a-year stops in Lexington
for the Barbecue Festival. Plan to spend the day in Lexington.
We'll be rolling out the red carpet when your train arrives.
Click Here for Train Stop Details
Because this is a temporary/one-day stop, ADA accessibility
is not available.
Barbecue Shuttles - Parking & Shuttle Service
- Ride the Trolley from Childress Vineyards 1000 Childress
Vineyards Road Park at Childress Vineyards and be shuttled to
the festival on a turn of the century trolley!
- Handicapped accessible transportation is available at all
8:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m
1. Wal-Mart Super Center, Off Highway 8 (Cotton Grove Road)
& Exit 91 off I-85. 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m - $2 per Adult
(Free for Children 12 & Under)
2. Childress Vineyards, 1000 Childress Vineyards Road. 8:00
a.m. to 6:00 p.m - $3 per Adult/$2 Children 12 & Under
- Please note: there
will not be a shuttle from the Davidson County Governmental
Center this year.
Special thanks to the Master Gardener volunteers for
creating a special entryway at the shuttle drop/off pick up
point at the festival!
- About the Master Gardeners:
- North Carolina Extension Service created the Master
Gardener program to help meet homeowner's needs. Master
Gardener volunteers must initially complete a 40-hour
training program organized around sixteen major areas of
knowledge. Certified volunteers renew annually by completing
a minimum number of volunteer and training hours.
- Master Gardeners have provided 25,925 hours of service
in Davidson County since 2004 for a value of $426,651. They
have completed beautification projects, community education
of adults and youth, and public service projects as well as
maintained demonstration gardens at the County Extension
building. They continue to carry out annual projects such as
an educational booth at the county fair, a fall plant sale
at the Lexington Farmers' Market, and a two-day spring
garden tour showcasing local gardens.
- Additional information about this program can be found
at the Davidson County Extension Building, 301 East Center
St. in Lexington.
Parking For Visitors with Disabilities
- A parking lot reserved for vehicles with handicapped
permits is located off of State Street between 2nd & 3rd
- Special Note: Restrooms for visitors with disabilities
will be located in the parking lot and other designated
restroom areas throughout the festival.
Uptown Festival Parking
- Parking for the Barbecue Festival is located throughout Uptown
Lexington in private parking lots.
- Parking lots are operated by
community groups with most charging a daily fee to park.
- IMPORTANT: We urge you not to park on side streets or alleys
surrounding the festival.
Vehicles parked illegally WILL be towed!
Swine Wine Shipped on Time!
- The UPS Store is excited to participate in the World Famous Lexington BBQ Festival this year. The UPS Store will be offering participants, easy on-site access to shipping and logistics. Just bring your favorite BBQ, sauce, or dip, and bottles of award winning North Carolina Wines to The UPS Store tent conveniently located near the Wine Garden (3rd Avenue behind the Civic Center) and ship them home or to friends anywhere in the USA or the world. The UPS Store will have single or multiple bottle shipping boxes along with dry ice and insulated containers for any perishable item you may want to ship. We can even ship an entire case of wine. The UPS Store's fragile pack supplies are always on hand for any novelty you may want to ship and as always each and every shipment comes with our Pack-n-Ship Guarantee. You can find The UPS Store year-round at 31 South Talbert Blvd.
Fly to the Festival!
- The Davidson County Airport has a 5,000’ x 100 runway - 6/24.
The identifier is KEXX. Unicom Freq. 122.8.
- The airport is
located between Bus. 85/52 and Interstate 85 at Linwood Rd.
exit. For more information call 336/956-7774. Don’t miss this
exciting opportunity to arrive in Lexington and be shuttled to
The Barbecue Festival!